|Blogging & RSS Information|
|Get A Blog Today!|
How to Reel in Web Site Visitors by Building Your Own Blog
I know, I know, blog this...blog that. Seems like everyone is on the blogging bandwagon these days! I admit that I'm not quite there yet, but I'll be joining the blogging club soon.
Why does blogging work to reel in web site visitors? Read on...
1. Search engines LOVE blogs. Blogs are usually focused on a particular niche, so they have lots of subject-specific content that's well-organized. This makes it easy for the spiders to read the content because there's usually less graphics, scripts, flash, etc.
2. Content tends to be updated more frequently than web sites, which the search engines love. If content doesn't change very often, they tend to visit less often. Search engines also like that there are lots of links because they index sites by following the links.
3. There's no special programming or HTML skills needed so if you love to write and are an expert in your field, you can be up and running in no time. Before you know it, you'll have lots of web site visitors reading your articles with anticipation.
4. Subject-specific articles generate tons of traffic! Let's face it. Many of us publish Ezines in order to get people to visit our web sites, and if we publish the articles on our website, we gain an even better chance of people finding us.
5. Blogs accomplish the same thing, only it's much easier to write your article and publish it immediately than it is to write content for an Ezine, format it, test it, and then publish it, only to find out that half of the emails were blocked by spam filters!
6. Increase your subscriber list. You can subscribe to blogs in the same way you subscribe to Ezines. Simply sign up and you'll receive notices when the content has been updated. Plus, the notices don't contain HTML, which means that the notification will be more likely to get past the spam filters.
7. It's cheap! Many services like Blogger offer it for free. Why spend tons of money creating the perfect web site that needs lots of search engine optimization when you can be up and running with your own blog for free, or at a very small monthly charge? What an inexpensive way of generating traffic!
There you have it. Six good reasons to build your own blog. Now what are you waiting for?
Jean Hanson is a Certified Professional Virtual Assistant. Discover how partnering with a virtual assistant will give you more time to do the things you love to do! For more information about virtual assistance, visit Jean's website at http://www.VaOfficeSolution.com
Jean is also the author of the eBook, Virtualize Your Business - Secrets to Simplifying, Automating, Organizing, and Virtualizing Your Business. http://www.VirtualizeYourBiz.com
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
MWC 2008: The L770, E251 and i200 mobile phones from Samsung slightly better than the previous three - Tech Digest
Get A Blog Today!
Blogs and RSS - Why Do I Need This Stuff?
If you've been under a rock for the last year or so it's possible you might not have heard about blogs and RSS feeds. If you're like most of us, you've heard the buzz but might not've known what to make of it or what to do with it.
The Key To Marketing With Blogs
I've spent months answering questions from marketers about blogs and blogging and how they fit into the marketing mix. Still, 99% don't understand the power of blogging.
How to Get Started Blogging in 5 Minutes or Less
I put off starting a blog for a long time because I thought it would be hard. I thought it would be technical.
10 Reasons to Put RSS on Your Site!
RSS and Blogs are the topics of the moment. Seems like everyone is talking about it.
RSS - How to Promote and Profit From Your Feed
Let me ask you three questions to get you thinking. Does your website offer an RSS feed? Are you promoting your feed effectively? Are you seeing an increase in profits as a result of offering a feed to your visitors?I'm going to outline several actionable steps you can take to promote your RSS feed both internally on your own website and externally on other websites.
If an RSS feed is the Yahoo Backdoor, is a Blog Googles?
Though the answer is in a book I wrote this July, the question is still asked of me repeatedly. Why does it work for some sites and not others? And how come some blogs get indexed in a day and then are dropped, and others stay in Google indefinitely?Well, let's take one question at a time.
How to Make Money With Your Blog?
Make money blogging is fun: you enjoy blogging and getting money from blogging. As long as "making money with your blog" is concerned, it doesn't matter matter actually whether you enjoy or not.
Blog Your Way To a Successful Private Practice
What is a Blog?Blogs are a type of website often defined as an on line journal or diary. Although there are many blogs where the blog author keeps a log of their own thoughts, experiences and ideas, bloggers also frequently share and discuss information from other sources.
Blogging for Personal Benefits
While there is a lot of debate about blogs replacing emails in the future, I would rather look at blogs in a different perspective. The purpose of all technology is to make life easier for the user.
Blogging Your Way To Success Part 3
(Continued from Blogging Your Way To Success Part 2)You have already set up a blog. You have at least 20 pages of content.
How Weblogs can Help Realtors
What is a weblog, well simply put a weblog is a journal that is kept online. In it's simplest form a weblog will have an article every day or week that says what the person is doing.
How Blogs Can Be An Excellent Promotional Tool
Blogs as an online promotional strategy if done right could save you huge dollars in reaching out to people. This is also a medium where you need have absolutely no dependence whatsoever on any professional help and you can do everything yourself.
Blogs Are About Getting to Know Yourself Better
I still consider myself to be a blog writing novice but as I've got a few entries under my belt I can tell you about an unexpected bonus of this journaling process. A lot of people think that blog writers are just people who are tooting their own horns blabbering on self-righteously about what they believe to be true in life.
RSS more effective than email
Long have I been proclaiming the effectiveness of RSS as a communications channel for non personal communications over that of email. The protection and anonymity that RSS can offer over email means that it is fast becoming the preferred medium for many users.
RSS - Will It Really Become Mainstream?
I am not one to have New Year's resolutions, but I do plan ahead. As we reached the last quarter of 2004, I decided that 2005 would be, for me, the year of article writing and RSS.
The Right Blog Software Can Make A Blog Stand Out from the Crowd
Blogs are an easy way to get your voice out onto the Net. For the Web-It-Yourselfer, custom blogs are a great way to learn about web technologies and create something from the ground up.
How Bloggers Are Making Thousands of Dollars From the Google Adsense Affiliate Program
There is no doubt that the Google Adsense program for publishers and site owners is one of the most successful affiliate programs anywhere. There is increasing evidence that many bloggers have managed to find the right formula to make thousands of dollars every month from little more than a handful of blogs with carefully created and compiled content.
RSS Support in New Microsoft Windows Vista
Microsoft Corp. says that the next version of its Windows operating system will have built-in support for RSS, an increasingly popular way to get news and other information channeled straight to a computer.
Top 10 Tips for Bloggers
Tips for creating a blog.There are no hard and fast rules on how to blog.
How To Use RSS Correctly
There is no doubt in my mind that RSS is here to stay. RSS is a simple and effective means of communicating your message to your visitors without invading their privacy or spamming them.
|Home | Main Site | Get and Start A Blog Today! | Site Map|
|© 2006 - 2013|